Sunday, February 3, 2008

The bookshop has been a little bit slow today. I've missed many of the regulars since I went away last week and not all of them have been in when I've worked. I haven't seen Elisabeth and her mom (Erin) for at least a week or two. Elisabeth is my favorite baby customer and her mother is not so bad herself.

It's funny how people that come into the bookshop regularly become almost a part of the bookshop family. It's the same way with the dogs that visit us. Twister will just walk right into the office and the receiving room to visit with all of the people back there. I think he really likes Shell, our bookkeeper, the most. I just remembered that today is Super Bowl Sunday and that is probably why it is so slow this afternoon. Even I, a non-football fan, have plans for a Super Bowl party. I think that any reason to eat is good enough for me to go to something. If only we had Super Reading Sundays with snack foods and a lively discussion of books.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for including us in your blog :) That was sweet. I still laugh every time I see that picture of her...

Have fun at the wedding!