Friday, April 4, 2008

"Nothing ever happens in Florence on a Sunday morning..."



Douglas Preston was at the Skidompha Library yesterday speaking about his upcoming non-fiction book, "The Monster of Florence". It is the story of a serial killer in Italy and how after researching the story, Douglas becomes intertwined with the story, along with a local journalist who has been covering the crimes from the beginning. This was the first book of his that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a non-fiction gal myself and I love a good crime story. The monster is the Italian master of horrific scenes of terror and Douglas is a master at story telling in recounting the crimes. I tried to take some pictures of the event, but I kept paying more attention to every detail that Douglas was saying. The entire event was interesting, this being the second Chats with Champions that I have attended and each one seems to get better. I'm glad that I get to sit there through the event and then justify being there by selling books. It's a nice excuse to listen to intelligent people talking about fascinating experiences in their life. The only thing I like about the pictures that I took at this event are how dark they are. I think it represents how dark the topic was.

No comments: