Saturday, April 5, 2008

Last night I had the first meeting of the bookshops young adult book club. A name was decided upon, Los Libros, and we have selected our first book pick, which is "Kite Runner". I'm quite excited about this, because all of the book groups in the area are currently an older based group. Hopefully this will grab a younger group of readers and make them excited about reading. I'm lucky with the group of people that gathered, many of them are already excited about reading and reading the types of books that I'm also interested in. I've been meaning to get around to reading "Kite Runner" for a while and now I'm forced to! It's just so hard to read a book that is already out and popular, while there are so many advance reading copies that I can read for free!

No comments: