Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am back from the great state of Kentucky. The ABA's Winter Institute was so informative and I met so many great other booksellers from across the country. The first night I was there I went to the Muhammad Ali Center.



That wall is covered in pictures that were done by children across the world. It was really beautiful when you looked at it from afar and when you were close to it to see the small details in each one.

I attended many different educational sessions, most of them being focused on making your business more profitable or enjoyable to the customer. There was a lot of information at the sessions and that large binder is full of handouts for each one. The ABA had the genius idea to give each attendee a binder with every single handout in it, so if you missed a session you would have the information that was given in it. This was great because you were not able to go to every single one. There were four classes going on at a time, so sometimes I missed out on classes that I wanted to go to because I was going to another one. I'm going to do another entry about the trip on Thursday. I didn't want to do it all in one. It is nice to be back and see the regulars again and the regular dog customers as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bobbi!
It was so nice to meet you at the WI3 ! Maybe our paths will cross another day.

Tasha
Book Vault
Oskaloosa, IA.
www.myspace.com/bookvault