Saturday, May 3, 2008

We had our meeting of Los Libros last night, which is a young adult book club. It was quite a nice discussion over the "Kite Runner". I had a fun time discussing the different aspects of the book and how much everyone hated Amir as a character. He was so self-absorbed that I honestly couldn't believe it. I guess I said that many times, because Seth from the Cafe made fun of me later by trying to mimic me saying it. I am disappointed that I won't be able to stay and be part of the group, but they have decided to continue without me. This is the best thing I could hope for in the situation. They have picked their next book, which is going to be "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs."

This is one of my favorite books on pop-culture. I think it is probably Klosterman's best book that he has written. Of course it is the only book of his that I have read so far, but it is just that amazing. You can't top something that great, no matter how many times you try.

No comments: