Friday, November 23, 2007

The day after Thanksgiving is supposed to be the biggest shopping day of the year. Here at the bookshop we have definitely had a good day. There was almost always a line at the register, but everyone was so cheerful. I wish that it was always this busy at the bookshop. It is always so exciting to see so many people excited about books and to see what they buy as well. Today was a big seller day for I am America and So Can You, by Stephen Colbert. I think we also sold quite a few of Pillars of the Earth.
We have a few events coming up at the bookshop, the upcoming one being Lou Ureneck on Thursday the 29th at Skidompha at 5pm. I highly suggest that anyone read his book. It has won a couple of awards, one of them being the National Outdoor Book Award. Backcast was also featured in a current issue of the National Geographic Traveler. My mother read it and she loved it. I'm in the middle of it at the moment and it really is a good read if you love travel books. It is about a father and son fishing trip in Alaska, where the father is trying to re-build his relationship with his son.

No comments: