Sunday, October 21, 2007

Today is a lovely fall day here in Damariscotta. The temperature has to be in the low seventies and this is why I've come to the conclusion that it's been a little slow today. I don't blame the customers for not coming in, the fall leaves are gorgeous! We have had our faithful "paper" people as I like to call them.
There are still a few pumpkins from the Pumpkin Festival weekend and Regatta. One of my favorites is the pumpkin that is in front of King Eider's pub. Speaking of pumpkins, Halloween is coming up! We've had a lot of Halloween books come in and the Christmas books have already started to come in as well.
One of my favorite childrens book author, Judy Schachner (author of Skippyjon Jones) is featured in the Portland Sunday Telegram this week. I guess that she will be down in Falmouth on Thursday, which is great for people that are available to go! I unfortunately will be going to Boston to see a concert, but I am really tempted to skip it to see Judy speak. I saw her speak a year ago down at NEIBA (New England Independent Booksellers Association) and she is just so full of energy. She has to be one of my favorite authors to see in person. Skippyjon Jones also happens to be one of my favorite children book characters and he has another installment of his adventures that Judy just released this month. We have a couple copies on hand, just as we have a couple of her other books as well. She is a must to check out for those that love a silly story.

No comments: